Bright Ideas: Energizing Innovative Lessons
Bright Ideas, a grant program sponsored by the Irwin EMC Foundation and Irwin EMC, your Touchstone Energy Cooperative, awards teachers money for innovative lessons and projects to energize learning in their students in the classroom. The Bright Ideas program distributes money as grants of up to $1,000 for teachers who teach grades K-12 at public or private schools located Berrien, Ben Hill, Irwin, Tift, Turner or Wilcox Counties. Grants are not for professional development. Requests for technology must be clearly defined. Requests for iPads, e-readers, computers or alternative seating are strongly discouraged.
- Any teacher who teaches grades pre-K-12 at any public or private school in Berrien, Ben Hill, Irwin, Tift, Turner or Wilcox Counties is eligible to apply for a Bright Ideas grant.
- Teachers may only be an applicant or team member of one project per school year.
- The maximum grant amount is $1,000. Some grant requests may be partially funded.
- Innovative, creative learning experiences for students (40 percent)
- Clearly defined plan of implementation (30 percent)
- Benefits and directly involves students (20 percent)
- Involves teamwork among faculty, students or collaborative partners (5 percent)
- Provides adequate budget summary (5 percent)
Applications are reviewed by a panel of judges who rank them based on the selection criteria. Because the evaluation process is competitive, partial funding may be awarded to allow more applications to benefit from the grant process.
Application deadline AUGUST 28, 2020
Bright Ideas Prize Brigade will announce winners personally in teacher’s classroom during the fall!
For more information, contact Hope Paulk by phone at (229) 468-2311 or email at email@example.com.